Washington Democrats’ Out-of-Control Spending Spree Needs to Stop. Now
by Rep. John Boehner (R-OH)
*** begin quote ***
“Waiting and hoping for the best is no longer an option, not when 43 cents of every dollar we spend this year is borrowed from our kids and grandkids. Our posterity shouldn’t have to foot the bill because Washington Democrats can’t do what they were elected to do or summon the courage to say no to special interests with their hands out.”
— Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) R response 6/11/10
*** end quote ***
Not that the R’s are any better than the D’s.
Our only defense is to start the carousel. Keep rotating incumbents OUT!
A marginal nutcase is better than these corrupt politicians.
Sorry, but, if we cant have NO government, then we have to have a lot less of it.
1. End the personal and corporate dole;
2. Dismiss gooferment public education;
3. Stop the various wars — foreign and domestic;
4. Repatriate the troops home;
5. Downsize ALL gooferments;
6. Eliminate all taxes but tariffs and excise.
7. Prosecute the “retired” and current politicians for “treason and sedition” against the Constitution. Make them pay off the debt that they ran up on our “credit card”.
Lest you think I don’t have a solution, I do.
Get off fiat money. Go back to the Constitutional gold / silver standard. Payoff the debt by a federal “yard sale” of assets. Issue 30, 40, 50, and 100 year bonds to “paper the debt”.
No more “unfunded liabilities”.
A moral promise was made in Social Security and to a certain extent it has to be fulfilled. BUTT (there’s always a big but) it may not be paid off at 100¢ on the dollar. Especially if your name is Donald Trump. We may have to do a means test on those who have been unjustly enriched by the prior political class decisions.
Unwinding this mess is going to be ugly, but we don’t have a lot of choice.
If they can do it in Chile, we can do it here!
# # # # #