Manhattan bodega worker, 51, knifes gangster, 37, to death after he jumped counter and attacked him over cost of bag of chips: Locals demand he’s released from Rikers Island where he is held on $250,000 bond
- Surveillance footage caught the moment a New York City bodega worker allegedly stabbed a customer to death after the man pushed him
- Jose Alba, 51, was seen sitting behind a counter at the Blue Moon Convenient Store when 37-year-old Austin Simon confronted him
- Simon then pushed the man into a shelf before yelling at another customer trying to purchase something from the store
- He then pulls Alba out of the chair, at which point Alba allegedly pulls out a large knife, which he plunges into Simon’s neck and chest at least five times
- Simon was later pronounced dead at a local hospital
By Melissa Koenig For Dailymail.Com
Published: 17:19 EDT, 6 July 2022 | Updated: 20:21 EDT, 6 July 2022
*** begin quote ***
Surveillance footage caught the shocking moment a New York City bodega worker allegedly stabbed a customer to death after the man confronted him about the price of some snacks.
Video shows the employee – 51-year-old Jose Alba – sitting behind a counter at the Hamilton Heights grocery store, tending to custom
*** end quote ***
I don’t understand! But it is New York after all.