‘Digital Anti-Hate’ Group Puts Dr. Mercola on Hit List
Analysis by Dr. Joseph Mercola
March 17, 2021
- One of the frontrunners in the comprehensive attack on freedom of speech online is a U.K.-based group with opaque funding called the Centre for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH)
- The CCDH has been one of the most vocal organizations calling for the deplatforming of anyone who might have the ability to influence public opinion about vaccines
- The CCDH recently posted a hit list on Twitter, listing the “Top 10 anti-vaxxers” it wants digital platforms to eradicate, including yours truly and the National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC), which worked with the U.S. Congress to establish the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act in 1986
- March 2, 2021, Facebook complied with CCDH’s request, removing NVIC’s account. CCDH is also calling on Facebook to eliminate NVIC from Instagram, which Facebook owns
- While you wait for a decentralized, censorship-free internet, consider ditching all social media networks that erode our civil liberties, and to join those that promote freedom of speech instead
*** begin quote ***
The irony of an “anti-hate” group posting a hit list — the only purpose of which is to seed public outrage and hate against those listed — did not escape unnoticed, and that’s part of the good news. More and more people are indeed starting to see the 1984-style double-think propaganda for what it is.
As pointed out by one Twitter follower: “You’ve posted what appears to be a digital hit list. Do you not see anything ironic about this considering your brand is ‘countering digital hate’?” “Project much?” said another. A third replied back to the CCDH saying “You should be on this list,” and a fourth said “It appears that by the word ‘hate’ you include uncomfortable truths.”
*** end quote ***
I was aware of the NVIC. But this gives me a nice list to include in my research.
If vaccines were so great, why “deplatform” alternative view points?