During a season of intense stress in history, Carwood Lipton, an elite World War II paratrooper from the Band of Brothers, provides a prime example of someone who held things together. On a wintery evening in Belgium’s Bois Jacques woods, Sergeant Carwood Lipton slipped through the twilight from foxhole to foxhole, encouraging the soldiers in his care.
Source: Inspiration in Steadiness From Band of Brothers Paratrooper, Carwood Lipton
# – # – # – # – #
A great read for Veterans’ Day!
Ok, I admit that my attempt to move from Apple to Google was a complete and utter failure.
- By killing Google Cloud Print, it made my printer “obsolete” with no alternative. (Was the final straw!)
- Google docs and sheets are no where near as good as Microsoft Office.
- Google’s “end of life”-ing chromebooks is inexplicable.
- Google’s 4a offering was “unsubscribable”. (A tech giant should be able to do that!)
- Google has no support comparable to Apple’s.
- Google Fi’s beem a disappointment compared to Altice Mobile.
- Has a remarkable consistency in their infrastructure.
- While killing iTunes Apple Music, iWeb, and a parade of obsolescence, it has been as disruptive as Google’s “end of life”-ing chromebooks.
I’ll continue to watch the field, but it’s no sense wasting anymore time.
I’ll still recomend chromebooks with the caveats about printing and “end of life”-ing.
(My apologies for the bad advice!)
Image: Wikimedia Commons The Anthem Veterans , in Anthem, Arizona, consists of five white pillars representing the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Each pillar contains a slanted elliptical opening, and the five are arranged so that at 11:11 a.m. on Veterans Day, November 11, the sun’s light passes through all five and illuminates the Great Seal of the United States, which is inlaid among 750 red paving stones engraved with the names of veterans.
# – # – # – # – #
Neat. And make me sad for all the vets.
Let’s bring all the girls, boys, women, and men home now! We have so many politicians and bureaucrats to send in their place if it’s really needed!