A 96-year-old WWII veteran first wore a mohawk to intimidate Germans before D-Day, and now he’s done it again to spread joy during the coronavirus pandemic.
*** begin quote ***
- WWII veteran Guy Whidden, 96, shaved his hair into a mohawk this month
- Whidden wore the mohawk to bring laughter amid the COVID-19 pandemic and as a tribute to his fallen comrades
- He first wore a mohawk as a paratrooper with the 101st Airborne Division in 1944
- Mohawks were worn by soldiers to intimidate German soldiers during battle
- Footage of Whidden’s haircut went viral on social media
- Paratroopers have started the #MohawkChallenge after Whidden’s example
*** end quote ***
Now that’s funny and a great American response to the WuFlu. Reminds me of General Anthony Clement “Nuts” McAuliffe!
— 30 —