How the FBI LOST the fingerprints taken from rifle that killed JFK fifteen years after the president was assassinated, new files reveal
- Latest files show scramble to find original fingerprint lifts on JFK assassin’s gun
- FBI unit chief says tracking down the lifts would be a ‘mammoth research effort’
- Dallas Police took the prints, but say they never received them back from FBI
- The gun was found on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository
- The date for the release of the sealed files was decided in October 1992
By Amanda Cashmore For Mailonline
PUBLISHED: 04:57 EST, 18 December 2017 | UPDATED: 06:11 EST, 18 December 2017
*** begin quote ***
The FBI lost fingerprints taken from the rifle agents found in the Texas School Book Depository after the president was assassinated in Dallas, new files have revealed.
At the time of the investigation in 1963, agents and outside experts concluded that a palm print taken from the barrel off the rifle belonged to Lee Harvey Oswald.
But 15 years later in July 1978, the agency revealed that the fingerprints had gone missing in their vast archives.
*** end quote ***
All very convenient.
“Move along, people. Nothing to see here. Go home, you looky-loos.” Officer Barbrady’s Catch Phrase South Park
Sorry but the FBI is either corrupt or complicit.
Either way time for it to go.
# – # – # – # – #
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5190201/How-FBI-LOST-fingerprints-JFK-assassins-rifle.html#ixzz51dXeHm7k Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook