Former CIA director was part of a ‘benign cover-up’ to withhold information from investigators about JFK’s assassination
- Declassified CIA reports claim former CIA Director Jon McCone withheld information about President John F Kennedy’s assassination
- The reports claim McCone and other top officials were part of a ‘benign cover up’ to keep the Warren Commission focused on Lee Harvey Oswald
- McCone concluded in his assessment that Oswald, a former Marine, was a ‘lone gunman’ who acted on his own
- The Warren Commission’s final report was consistent with McCone’s
- The declassified CIA reports did not raise question about the findings of the Warren Commission, including that Oswald was the gunman
- But the reports acknowledge the failure in the CIA’s dealings with the Warren Commission
- The CIA report offers no conclusion as McCone’s motivations to cover up agency activities
By KELLY MCLAUGHLIN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 16:12 EST, 10 October 2015 | UPDATED: 20:07 EST, 10 October 2015
*** begin quote ***
A former CIA director withheld information about President John F Kennedy’s assassination, according to declassified agency reports.
The CIA reports, which were declassified last fall, claim that then-agency head John McCone and other top officials were part of a ‘benign cover-up’ surrounding the assassination of Kennedy in November 1963.
*** end quote ***
Sorry, but there’s no such thing.
I read this story earlier in the week but waited for a more reputable source to report it.
Excuse me, don’t you go to jail for a ‘cover-up’ — benign or not.
Just goes to show that the Gooferment is ENTIRELY untrustworthy.
Now I’m not a new kid on the block, but this continues to shock me.
“I’m shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!” Captain Renault in Casablanca
That there is lying going on. Special circle of Hell for these folks.
# – # – # – # – #