URGENT: Toddler bleeds to death after swallowing button battery that burned through organs in North Carolina | Daily Mail Online

The couple are sharing Johnathan’s story so that no other family goes through what they have. Jackie said: ‘I just want to make every parent aware of the dangers and make people realise just how many devices have these batteries all over your home. ‘In this case, the back of the remote slides right off, it wasn’t screwed down. ‘After this happened we started doing research into it, something as simple as putting duct tape over the back of the remote could have stopped this. ‘Duct tape is hard for adults to get off, a two-year-old is not going to be able to open it. ‘I can’t bring back Johnathan, but if there is anything I can do to make more parents search through their homes, then that’s something.’

Toddler bleeds to death after swallowing button battery that burned through organs in North Carolina | Daily Mail Online

# – # – # – # – #

As much as those little screws over battery covers are a giant PIA, I’ll be duct taping any battery cover without one.

And, I’ll be notifying the manufacturer also.

I figure that duct taping over a ziplock bag is another approach.

As is, using my vacuum sealer, to keep those batteries “in”!

I realize that the AA and AAA are less risk than the “button batteries”, but better safe than sorry.

—30—

Please leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s