FROM THE WSJ
*** begin quote ***
The Jihadis Next Door
One of the three knife-wielding assailants who killed seven people in a terror attack in London was known to security services, authorities said Monday. Neighbors said Khuram Shazad Butt’s extremism was broadcast to the nation early last year in a television documentary called “The Jihadis Next Door,” but police said they had no intelligence suggesting the 27-year-old Pakistan-born British citizen was plotting violence. Police identified the second attacker as Rachid Redouane, 30, who they said had claimed to be Moroccan and Libyan, and the third as as Youssef Zaghba, a 22-year-old Italian of Moroccan descent. Meanwhile, with national elections set for Thursday, British Prime Minister Theresa May’s political opponents have gone after her on security issues. We look at British counterterrorism authorities’ soul-searching following the third terror attack since March, as well as the challenge online terrorist propaganda continues to represent for companies such as Google and Facebook, where videos and other content are still widely displayed.
*** end quote ***
Seems obvious that Humanity needs to rethink our strategies and memes.
(1) Clearly, “religion” is a meme that drives people to act. Sometimes for good (i.e., Mother Teresa) and sometimes for evil (i.e., Islamic terrorism; Child marriage; Child abuse).
(2) Our current responses to terrorism is reactive. “War” is often immoral, ineffective, and inefficient as a response to terrorism. Terrorism is a tactic; not a strategy or an “opponent”.
(3) So the “civilized world” needs some more effective tactics.
(4) I heard one tactic that struck at the heart of the religious beliefs of Islamic terrorists. And it responded me of the 1857 Sepoy Rebellion in India die to “greased cartridges”. The bodies of terrorists should become the property of the State and nothing further said. The corpses would not be released to the families or groups. It could be buried in a way that is inconsistent with their “religious beliefs”.
(5) The Swiss have a tougher standard to become a citizen. The potential citizen must demonstrate their actions to integrate into Swiss society. The USA needs to adopt that as does the world democracies.
(6) The Gooferment is immoral, ineffective, and inefficient. As well as untrustworthy. When it turns a blind eye to ANY violation of law by immigrants or non-integrating minority. That means: ZERO no go zones like in Paris; no “religious accommodation” for “special spaces” in public building; and no exception to child education requirements.
(7) Revoke citizenship of those who go to fight for ISIS overseas and don’t readmit them. Strong prosecution of citizens / residents of those who communicate with or provide material support to terrorist organizations. DO something with those on the watch list — restrict their access to the country.
(8) END welfare for non-citizens now. (Really should be ended for everyone!) It appears that our society are funding these terrorists with welfare. No welfare for any immigrant.
(9) Bring back the sponsorship requirement for immigrants. Used to be required. Then the sponsors are held responsible for those they sponsor.
(10) Prosecute enablers of terrorists.
(11) Cut off Saudi Arabia funding of these terrorist mosques.
That might be a start?
# – # – # – # – #