2011-Dec-30 @ 1711
Just heard on ESPN that the Rose Bowl has been moved from New Year’s Day to Saturday because “Sunday is reserved for the NFL”. My immediate reaction was “by who”?
This indicate collusion by persons or organizations unknown.
Is there linkage between the NFL and the NCAA? ESPN as the go between?
To me this raises questions.
(1) Is NCAA football merely a minor league for the NFL? And, if so, does that have tax and labor implications?
(2) When players “come out early” or “stay for their senior year”, what influence does the NCAA or NFL have on this?
(3) What are the implications if the NCAA is the puppet of the NFL?
(4) The NCAA is a “non-profit association”; the NFL is an LLC. What are the implications if the NCAA is captive subsidiary of the NFL?
(5) Is there a funds transfer, or even an “in kind” value transfer, in this “reservation”?
No, my tin foil hat isn’t on too tight. It just sounds fishy!
# – # – # – # – # 2011-Dec-30 @ 17:11