Arizona secretly refurbishes its GAS CHAMBER for death row inmates and will execute them with same pesticide Nazis used to kill 865,000 Jews at Auschwitz
- Records show the state began quietly restoring the chamber in the state prison in Florence, southeast of Phoenix, last year
- Officials also bought up materials needed to manufacture hydrogen cyanide gas
- That is the same pesticide the Nazis used to murder more than 865,000 Jews at Auschwitz, sparking fury from anti-capital punishment campaigners
- No one has been executed by gas chamber in Arizona – or nationwide – in more than two decades when killer Walter LaGrand was put to death in 1999
- LaGrand took 18 minutes to die, strapped to a chair choking and gagging for air; the brutal method has not been used since
- State corrections officials will not say why they are restarting the gas chamber
- But they pointed to a rule that inmates can choose gas chamber or lethal injection if they were convicted prior to 1992 when the injection was introduced
- The rate of executions has fallen to near record lows across America due to a limited supply of lethal injection drugs
- Arizona prosecutors signaled that they want to resume executions after a seven-year hiatus, with two prisoners – Frank Atwood and Clarence Dixon
By RACHEL SHARP FOR DAILYMAIL.COM and ASSOCIATED PRESS
PUBLISHED: 13:16 EDT, 10 June 2021 | UPDATED: 19:41 EDT, 10 June 2021
*** begin quote ***
Arizona has secretly refurbished its gas chamber as it plans to execute death row inmates using the same pesticide the Nazis used to kill 865,000 Jews at Auschwitz.
*** end quote ***
Sure the irony of this might give someone insight into why the Gooferment should not have the power of life and death!
As a pro-life little L libertarian, I don’t trust the Gooferment with such a great power.
I have problem with the Gooferment involvement at both ends of the spectrum of life from the beginning to the end.
And so should everyone. Because the next target could be you! Or worse, me!