The Worst Form of Government
9/12/2022, 9:27:23 AM · 17 of 17
*** begin quote ***
Excellent and very important points. At the very least there have to be more checks placed on power, at all levels. Term limits are essential, but is just one of many, many things that have to change.
As an incomplete but initial list I would place:
1. Strict irreversible term limits, with a cap on the total number of cumulative years in all offices combined (NO CAREER POLITICIANS, EVER). This should include heads of agencies etc., (e.g. no Anthony Fauci type careers).
2. Each and every agency has to have hiring done by a revolving citizens committee and cannot do their own hiring, ever. It’s an essential step to prevent a deep state bureaucracy.
3. No guaranteed government pensions. Every government employee should be on a 401K type plan like the rest of us.
4. All government salaries, at all levels should be determined by a public vote.
5. No city or region in the nation can have more than 2 government agencies, and the locations of those agencies should reflect the regional diversity of the nation.
6. Absolutely no insider trading of any type. Those holding federal office cannot hold or trade securities (etc.) unless done within a private trust that they have no input into or intimate knowledge of.
7. Voting must be done in person, except for the military, with at least 2 official forms of identification. Knowingly participating in fraudulent voting at any level is an automatic unappealable year in prison, at minimum.
These are just an initial list. There are many, many more things that have to be addressed and codified. In general, being in public office should have very, very few perks, and the fundamental principle that all in public office are employees who serve at the pleasure of the citizens needs to be front row and center and in the face of anyone who wants to pursue public office at any level. The stature of politicians should be no more than anyone else in society.
*** end quote ***
And what makes anyone think that politicians and bureaucrats would ever allow this to pass into effect?