PIERS MORGAN: President Biden’s shameful move to muzzle the US media is a cynical and desperate Kim Jong-un style attempt to hide the fact that his presidency is turning into a total disaster
By PIERS MORGAN FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 10:01 EST, 8 December 2021 | UPDATED: 10:25 EST, 8 December 2021
*** begin quote ***
It’s the kind of thing that regularly happens in Russia, China or North Korea.
When journalists stray too far above their totalitarian-controlled station and dare to hold their political leaders to any form of proper account, they get a visit or phone call from shady Government officials.
*** and ***
I wonder what it could have been that suddenly turned the media so negative against the President?
Oh wait, I remember.
- August was when the cowardly leader of the free world threw millions of Afghanistan women to the Taliban wolves with his shocking sudden withdrawal of US troops, betraying American allies and costing many lives.
- Then he authorized a disastrous botched drone strike on a terror suspect in Kabul that killed an innocent family of 10 including women and children.
- In September, fresh mayhem erupted on the Southern border due to catastrophic mixed messaging from the Biden administration and Americans watched in horror as US border patrol horsemen charged into Haitian migrants. The President shamefully blamed his guards for the chaos, not himself for causing it.
- In October, Biden tried to criminalize American parents who protested against their kids being taught woke agenda subjects like Critical Race Theory by encouraging the National Schools Board Association to disgracefully brand them ‘domestic terrorists.’
- Later that month, America ground to a virtual shuddering halt with a vast flotilla of cargo ships stuck off the Californian coast, and a chronic shortage of food-delivery drivers causing empty shelves to appear right across the country.
- This was a direct consequence of Biden’s reckless desire to behave like an all-year-round Santa Claus with his massive Covid-19 stimulus spending spree that sparked the inflation that provoked this crisis.
- Prices surged, especially at the fuel pump, wages stagnated, and vast swathes of the American workforce quit their jobs because their President made it more economically beneficial for people to stay at home than go to work.
Yet far from the media giving Biden a tougher time than Trump over all this, as Milbank suggests, most of them went out of their way to defend him.
*** end quote ***
Once again, I’m forced to agree with Piers. Despite being on a different page politically than he is, here I think he is spot on.
As Bill Clinton always said “It’s the economy stupid”. And Sleepy Old Joe has screwed the pooch on that one.
Single handedly, killing the Keystone pipeline and making US oil difficult to get out of the ground, he has take the US from net-exported to begging OPEC for help.
Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Piers has assembled a great list of the difficulties that Joe has put himself in.