Supreme Court REJECTS Republican plea to overturn Joe Biden’s victory in Pennsylvania without even hearing it – as Donald Trump’s campaign admits his only chance now is to get Congress to void Electoral College
- Supreme Court rejects Republican bid to void the Pennsylvania election result out of hand without even hearing it
- Republican U.S. Rep. Mike Kelly of northwestern Pennsylvania and other plaintiffs pleaded with the justices to intervene after the state Supreme Court turned away their case
- The Republicans argued that Pennsylvania´s expansive vote-by-mail law is unconstitutional because it required a constitutional amendment to authorize its provisions
- Case was slammed by Pennsylvania in its submission to justices, with its AG calling it ‘one of the most dramatic, disruptive invocations of judicial power in the history of the Republic’
- Justices rejected it just after Texas’ Republican AG, Ken Paxton, launched lawsuit to try to void the popular vote in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Georgia
- Hail Mary to Supreme Court asks the justices to rule that mail-in ballots in the states were ‘illegal’ on constitutional grounds
- Supreme Court does not have to consider the move, which comes after stream of defeats for Trump and his allies
- Paxton is under FBI investigation over bribery and abuse of his office for a donor and has also admitted affair with a state senate aide
- One Texas law professor called suit ‘insane’
- Rebuke came shortly before House ignored veto threat to pass Defense bill
By GEOFF EARLE, DEPUTY U.S. POLITICAL EDITOR FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 17:13 EST, 8 December 2020 | UPDATED: 20:02 EST, 8 December 2020
# – # – # – # – #
So this means that you can cheat in ANY election and there is NOTHING that will hold you to account.
Why bother voting at all?