Mar 7, 8:54 AM EST
CHINESE COOK DIES FROM TOXIC WASTE DUMPED AT PARKING LOT
*** begin quote ***
BEIJING (AP) — Police in a northern Chinese city have broken up a major toxic waste case that came to light when a restaurant owner died after inhaling poisonous gases coming from his kitchen drain, state media said Monday.
Police discovered that the operator of a parking lot near the restaurant in Baoding city had allowed factories to dump highly toxic waste into its drain pipes for illegal gains, the official Xinhua News Agency said.
The parking lot operator allowed a total of more than 3,400 tons of toxic waste to be dumped between August 2014 and May 2015, Xinhua said.
*** end quote ***
Sounds like murder!
And how did they think they were going to get away with this?
At the very least, the parking lot operator was going to be caught! And, then sing like a canary!!!
Given the Chinese and their use of the “death penalty”, if I were these folks, then I’d be saying my prayers and calling in all the bribes I’d ever given for help.
What a shame for the poor cook.
Requiescat In Pacem
# – # – # – # – #