‘Walls Work!’ Trump goes to bat for his wall again in early morning tweets as he quotes Obama and Hillary historic statements calling for better borders
- Trump tweeted on Sunday quotes from former President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton calling for better borders
- He added that the reason Democrats are against building a border wall is because ‘walls work’
- Senate minority Chuck Schumer revealed Trump threatened to prolong the partial government shutdown for ‘months or even years’
- The president confirmed this during a Rose Garden press conference and added he was ‘proud’ to do so
- The shutdown began on December 22 and is now in its sixteenth day
- Trump added he’s considering declaring national emergency to get the wall built
- Vice President Mike Pence floated a $2.5 billion compromise from Congress
- The commander-in-chief rejected it and said he is asking for $5.6 billion
By MARY KEKATOS and KEITH GRIFFITH and FRANCESCA CHAMBERS, WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT FOR DAILYDAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 09:59 EST, 6 January 2019 | UPDATED: 10:08 EST, 6 January 2019
*** begin quote ***
President Donald Trump went to bat for his wall at the US-Mexico border by quoting his predecessors.
The commander-in-chief sent out tweets early Sunday morning that drew on past statements made by former President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
‘”We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked…” Barrack [sic] Obama, 2005,’ the first part of the tweet reads, which was spoken by Obama at a December 2005 press conference in Florida.
*** end quote ***
Clearly this is ALL political. All politics all the time. And tiresome.
For two years, when the R’s controlled everything, Obamacare was NOT repealed and the Wall wasn’t funded. Now suddenly, it’s a problem.
Why do we have such problems on the Southern Border but not on the Northern one?
I think having “illegal immigrants” die in the desert of the Souther Border is unacceptable.
I think having “illegal immigrants” collecting welfare is unacceptable. (Anyone collecting “welfare” is unacceptable.)
I think having “illegal immigrants” being forced to come here illegally is unacceptable.
I think that the politicians and bureaucrats politicizing “illegal immigrants” is unacceptable.
# – # – # – # – #