SINGLE MOTHERS:SINGLED OUT Summary: the impact of 2010-15 tax and benefit changes on women and men
*** begin quote ***
The Fawcett Society is the UK’s leading campaign for equality between women and men and traces its roots back to 1866, to Millicent Fawcett’s peaceful struggle for women’s right to vote. Fawcett’s vision is of a society where women and our rights and freedoms are equally valued and respected and where we have equal power and influence in shaping our own lives and our wider world.
*** and ***
• Single women are hit harder than single men, couples and multifamily households by the current government’s tax and benefits changes.
• Lone parents, the large majority of whom are women, are, on average, among the biggest losers as a result of the reforms.
*** end quote ***
I found this interesting. Here’s why:
(1) The groups logo says “closing the inequality gap” and a clever graphic “wo since1866 man”. Excuse me but am I to understand that this group has been going on since 1866? That’s insanity. It’s a cult. Or someone has figured out a multigenerational way to earn a buck. Oh, it’s UK, a pound. Wow, talk about a model for failure. What would you call working on a problem for 177 years and not solving it. Wow!
(2) Economists have long pointed out that single mothers are going to be poor and have a hard life. Old women should be telling younger women this fact from birth. It’s a meme that needs to get into the culture.
(3) Single moms is a poor way to raise a child. I know. Even with a good family structure to give support, the child is deprived. Women need to choose their mates wisely. (Sorry Mom, RIP, but you know that’s true.) In nature, the females make the males prove their worth. In humans, “free love” screws woman and child.
(4) The Gooferment can try to redefine marriage in response to pressure groups. But, the family, a husband and wife joined forever has been the way to “do” children. Regardless if you believe in “evolution”, we have a grazillion years in field testing how to raise children. Nuclear family with a stay at home mom seems to be the best answer.
(5) Once again, women are to blame for these problems. “Yes, when we get out of here. We’re going to have to fix that. You know we control something that can get it done. Not the ballot box, but the other box. (A giant sucking sound as pure Miss Marie used that very rude idiom.) We can end war.” — character “Marie” being anti-war in CHURCH 10●19●62 Volume 1 Page 262
# # # # #