Once again fine tuning the SFYG formula based on input and discussions.
(1) Reduce it to 5 ± 2.
(2) Put action verbs into the points.
(3) Try to make it relevant.
Here it is.
Success for your generation is:
(1) develop ruthless financial discipline — no bad debt — no credit cards like Dave Ramsey says;
(2) create a life long interest in learning — pick up a degree along the way — they can’t take it away from you;
(3) get a NON-OFFSHORABLE white collar job in order to save big bux;
(4) learn a blue collar skill for hard times — never saw a poor plumber;
(5) make one or more internet based businesses where your store is always open from a free time hobby that generates income; (6) build a large well-maintained network of people who can and will “help” you — it’s not numbers on Facebook or LinkedIn — it’s real people who connected with your needs; and
(7) find your soulmate. The boy or girl who rocks your socks, is a better person than you are, and makes you a better person. You might be able to make it without one, but it’ll be much harder. May well be impossible. Marry ’em and forsake all others. Have lots of children; if you can’t, “borrow” everyone else’s. They are your legacy.
Even if you disagree with my formula, you have to have your own. Whatever it is, have one. Of course, you can share yours, argue with mine, or just ignore the whole thing.
Donna Nobis Pacem
# # # # #