Sent: Thu Jun 17 09:02:05 EDT 2010
Message Body: My ringtones that I bought are not shown on the media store. As a matter of fact, the store says I have never bought one. Am I going to have a problem with my upgraded phones?
Argh! What “barbara streisand”!! How many times do they want to be paid for the same stuff?
Does any one care? FTC, FCC, State of NJ.
See the form letter below. I can just see the person push button number #327. Argh!
(Note to their IT Architect: Do you think you might be able to get Morning and Afternoon correctly. Or maybe it’s afternoon in INDIA! Argh!)
This war isn’t over yet. I’m tired of paying for the same “content” over and over again. I think or all my cassettes of content and I can’t listen to them on my iPod, iTouch, or computers. And they wonder why there’s “piracy”?
# # # # #
From: VZW WFM NE IRT <wfmneirt@HQ.VerizonWireless.com>
Date: June 18, 2010 11:44:04 AM EDT
Subject: RE: Other (WFM61668233)
Good Afternoon Mr. Reinke,
Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Michelle, and I understand that you’re having a problem with the ringtones that you have online. I apologize for the inconvenience. I certainly know the importance of being able to personalize your device with your favorite tones. I’ll be glad to assist you.
Mr. Reinke, I’m glad that I had an opportunity to speak with you today on your mobile number ending in 3625. Per our conversation, I advised you that you can’t transfer ringtones to a new upgrade. I have provided you the information for the Media Retrieval, please remember that the ringtone swill be grayed out and available for re-purchase.
The My Media Retrieval service is a great service for moving Get It Now content to your new wireless phone. The retrieval process is fairly straight forward and easy. Please use the instructions below to retrieve your Get It Now content.
1. Navigate to the Verizon Wireless website, enter the 10-digit mobile number and password then click Sign In. To register, click Register then follow the step-by-step instructions.
2. From the My Services tab, click My Media.
3. Click Get Started.
5. Ensure the desired items are selected then click Retrieve.
6. To continue, ensure I agree to the terms and conditions is checked then click Accept.
7. Download the desired items.
Downloading retrieved ringtones
1. Ringtones retrieved from the website will be sent via a picture message. From the main screen, press the left soft key to choose Message.
2. Select Inbox then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.
3. Select the desired picture message then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.
4. Press the right soft key to choose Options.
5. Select Save (As) Ringtone / Save Sound then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.
6. Enter a name for the file if desired then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.
-Content unavailable for retrieval will be grayed- out and unable to select. Reasons for unavailability: the subscription has expired, the equipment is not compatible with the application or the application is no longer offered through Get It Now/ Media Center.
-Content not eligible for My Media Retrieval (will be grayed out and unable to select within the My Media Retrieval Screen):
Full track songs
Ringback Tones (Ringback tones transfer automatically)
Non-VZW Tones Ringtone content
Premium Messaging Content (PSMS)
Mobile Web applications
V CAST Videos
Incompatible applications (device cannot support application)
Content purchases within 48 hours of ESN change
Content not transferred with any previous ESN change
Applications no longer supported through Media Center
Non-VZW branded ringtone content will not be supported
MMS charges apply for any ringtone message sent
I hope the information that I have provided for you today regarding your ringtones was helpful.
I make it my personal goal to resolve all of your wireless concerns. I hope I have done that for you today. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless. Should you have additional questions or feel your concerns are not resolved, please reply to this e-mail.
Data Technical Support
Monday – Friday 6:30am-3:30pm
If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. If you are the intended recipient and are a Verizon Wireless customer, this response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement.
# # # # #