2/09/2012 @ 12:35PM
If The euro Breaks Up — Scenarios For Greece, PIIGS And Total Collapse
Tom Groenfeldt, Contributor
*** begin quote ***
SunGard is not alone in modeling the potential for a eurozone break-up. Finextra reports that firms such as ICAP and industry utilities like CLS, the FX settlement bank, have initiated scenario planning in the event of a major soveriegn default and subsequent euro exit. It also said that banknote printers have reported that central banks have been scouring the market for printing presses capable of running large stocks of once-defunct currencies.
As the song says, breaking up is hard to do.
*** end quote ***
So how does the little guy play this?
Like the sailing ship of old, it’s rig for stormy weather.
* Cut your OPEX (operating expenses).
* Minimize your CAPEX and build your capital for the future.
* As many in the tin foil hat community say, build your food larder. Even if you’re not preparing for the end of the world, food prices are not going down anytime soon. The Mormons are said to believe that everyone should store a year’s worth of food. Can’t hurt.
* Save in inflation protected way. (The tax of inflation is the silent killer of savings.) If nothing else, everytime you get a nickel save it. (It’s worth 7½¢ now.)
* Develop skills or sidelines that can lead to alternate streams of income. A web-based business can have an store open 24/7/365. You can write stories and publish them for free.
* Stay in shape because getting sick will be even more expensive in the future.
# – # – # – # – #