I’m reaching out to advise you of a very special CFO opportunity. The Thor Group is assisting our client, a major state government authority, hire a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to replace their retiring CFO. Our client is one of America’s largest public authorities in terms of its construction and financing output. This Authority has been the top issuer of municipal bonds in the United States at one point, issuing US$3.16 billion of municipal bonds in one year. In 2006, this Authority was ranked fourth in the USA for municipal bond issuance. In 2005, the Authority’s construction expenditures topped US$1 billion. The Authority has the power of eminent domain to get construction projects built.
JOB OVERVIEW – Chief Financial Officer
In the capacity of Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and reporting to the Executive Director the person selected would manage the accounting and financial side of this large Government Agency. This CFO serves in two capacities: as Chief Financial Officer responsible for all financially related operations and Information Systems of the Authority; and as Treasurer serving as a statutory Officer of the Authority. The CFO is responsible for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable which disburses from $2 Billion to $5 Billion annually. The CFO manages the direct investment function for a Portfolio of $4 to $6 Billion. And, the CFO oversees a portfolio of 900 + construction projects totaling more than $6 Billion, 200 of which are active construction totaling $3.3 Billion. The construction projects are managed within their Oracle Primavera Contract Management I.T. system. To accomplish this the CFO oversees a department of 40 managers, accountants, and analysts, plus an additional 30 to 35 Information Services personnel and contractors.
1. ESSENTIAL: Working knowledge of Financial Accounting Standards Board (“FASB”) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (“GASB”) standards.
2. ESSENTIAL: Working knowledge of Internal Controls, Strategic Planning, Federal Tax Regulations related to tax exempt bonds, and debt issuance process
· Large staff management experience.
· CPA OR Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or related field
· Experience in finance, consulting, or management within a major business or government enterprise and/or nationally recognized CPA or consulting firm.
· Experience with the preparation of financial statements,
· Exposure in the areas of financial management, debt capital markets, and investments
· PREFER (but not required): Knowledge of complex governmental operations, higher education and health care industries, current information technology, trends and strategy is strongly preferred.
· PREFER (but not required): Experience in construction or financial industries
INTERESTED – APPLY
To apply or learn more about this terrific full-time employment opportunity – I.D. #31123 – simply return this email to me with resume and your phone number.
….. Remember include your resume & phone number (___) ___-____…..
REFER a COLLEAGUE
If Job #31123 does not fit you – be a friend – refer a colleague – send them this email – or – forward their contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org ……
The THOR Group
Dallas Regional Office
Direct Line: 214-547-1244
Office Line: 310-727-3089
# – # – # – # – #