SOFTWARE: BLUEGRIFFON chokes on an errant copy and paste

2014-Mar-09

In doing my weekly Jasper Jottings, I was delayed by a data formatting error.

Apparently, when I posted an article in the daily blog, using MARSEDIT, some how the article was posted as the title.

I didn’t realize it and did a copy and paste from MARSEDIT into BLUEGRIFFON.

That cause BLUEGRIFFON to make the page width six times larger than it needed to be.

Took a break.

When I came back to it, I did CNTL Z’s until BLUEGRIFFON restored the page size.

Then the hunt for what was causing the problem.

Repeated the cut’n’paste into SIMULTRON5 text editor. Couldn’t see anything. Back into BLUEGRIFFON same result.

Deleted all the blank lines and made sure that each line had an EOL on it.

Cut’n’paste back to BLUEGRIFFON; same result.

Then I cut’n’pasted the first line to BLUEGRIFFON; same result.

Then I cut’n’pasted just the text part of the first line to BLUEGRIFFON; that worked correctly.

Resumed and everything was now right with the world.

Argh!

Still don’t really understand what happened.

The issue went out about 8 hours late.

Argh!

# – # – # – # – #  2014-Mar-09 @ 14:36  

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,047 other followers

%d bloggers like this: