ABC defends editing Michelle Obama’s ‘automatic weapon’ claim
February 26, 2013 | 4:11 pm | Modified: February 26, 2013 at 4:45 pm
Michal CongerStaff Writer
The Washington Examiner
Email Author @michalconger
*** begin quote ***
ABC is defending its decision to edit out an apparently erroneous claim by Michelle Obama in its broadcast of the first lady’s interview on Good Morning America today, saying it made the changes “solely” for the sake of time.
As The Washington Examiner reported this morning, the first lady claimed during an interview with Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts that 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton, who was killed in Chicago shortly after performing during the President’s Inauguration, was shot because “some kids had some automatic weapons they didn’t need.”
*** end quote ***
Unfortunately, FLOTUS is a political operative. Supporting BHO44’s agenda. And that of the anti-gun gun control aka “Victim Disarmament” “skrule of thought”.
HRC did the same for Bill on Health Care.
But, the moment you step into the political arena, then you become fair game.
In this case, a SUPPOSED news operation gave political cover to FLOTUS and demonstrate that they can be trusted.
(I wonder if there’s a vast right wing conspiracy over in the inet division that put the whole thing online? I bet there is a witch hunt going on now!)
In any event, let’s examine the flaws.
(1) In the US, there are NO legal automatic weapons.
(2) In the cited incident, the bad actor used a handgun.
(3) The keyword “need” is in the “liberal” narrative; what I “need” has no bearing in the context of the RKBA.
(4) There has been no reporting, but the Chicago violence is probably rooted in the “(pseudo) War on (some) Drugs” and an immoral lackadaisical culture and civil society.
(5) Is there a correlation between “the strictest gun laws” and the level of violence? Like the bumper sticker says, “when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns”!
(6) ABCNEWS should have it’s “news” broadcasts post a disclaimer, like the do on the infomercials, “edited for dramatic content”, or “this is a fairy tale”, or “We waive our First Amendment claim to be the Free Press; we’re whores for the Left!”.
We should have “Truth in Advertising”.
Boycott the mainstream media!
# – # – # – # – #